All students are working towards keyboarding at 35 words per minute (WPM) by the end of the year. Keyboarding is a life skill and one that will help students to be more productive and successful in classwork, computerized tests, and in the workplace.
Students will use Typing Club to improve their keyboarding skills. Students will log in using their computer usernames and passwords. The school portal is
Students can a place on the TOP 20, the KEYMASTERS, and the AGENTS OF CHANGE board for meeting/exceeding 35wpm on each monthly checkpoint OR for showing growth between monthly checkpoints.
- TOP 20 = The top 20 fastest wpm + accuracy scores.
- KEYMASTERS = Students who can type 35wpm or faster + an above 80% accuracy.
- AGENTS OF CHANGE = Students who show increased growth between checkpoints.
The TOP 20, KEYMASTERS, and AGENTS OF CHANGE all get Mustang Pride Slips and a special prize after each monthly checkpoint. Keep up the good work MUSTANGS!!!
Tips for keyboarding:
- Sit up straight in a chair with both feet on the floor
- Place your hands on the keyboard in home row, so that your left pointer finger is on the ‘F’ key, and the right one is on the ‘J’ key. You should feel the bump at the bottom of each of these keys.
- Try not to look at the keyboard, but look at the screen only.
- If your typing speed is very slow, start from the simplest level
- Please do not hurry. First learn to type accurately, and then improve your typing speed.
Other keyboarding games and practice: