Thurgood Marshall Middle School Library
Our mission is to ensure that students, staff, and school community are effective, ethical users and producers of information and ideas. This involves teaching info-tech literacy skills, nurturing a love of reading, preparing students to meet state standards, and partnering with the 21st century school community to foster lifelong learning and global citizenship.
7:30 AM to 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday
Cassie White, Teacher-Librarian & Betsy Papaly, Library Paraprofessional
Human Rights Project Databases:
**OSD Portal my.osd111.org is a great bookmark for finding NoodleTools, Skyward, MyTRL, and other school related links.
***HOT NOODLETOOLS TIP: When filling in a print resource, type in the ISBN number from the back of the book near the barcode and Noodletools will automatically fill in the spaces and generate an MLA citation for you. SO COOL!!!
GREAT ONLINE RESOURCES:
- MMS Library Catalog Search for availability of books in our library.
- MyTRL All OSD students have free online digital Timberland Regional Library accounts with access to hundreds of credible databases, digital novels, online homework help. For school assignments, try using the Biography Resource Center, Lands and Peoples Online, Literature Resource Center, and Issues & Controversies.
- Sweetsearch Every website from the SweetSearch search engine has been evaluated by research experts.
- Ref Seek RefSeek is a web search engine that "offers students comprehensive subject coverage without the information overload of a general search engine—increasing the visibility of academic information and compelling ideas that are often lost in a muddle of sponsored links and commercial results".
The next 6 resources require the MMS Library's usernames and passwords. These are on posters in the library and lab and in your planner, or ask/email Ms. White or Ms. Papaly for this information.
- NOODLETOOLS is here!!! The online bibliographic citation page maker in MLA or APA format.
- CultureGrams Background information on over 240 different countries. Perfect for World History "Pirates" assignments.
- ProQuest Research Library The place to look for magazine and newspaper articles.
- World Book Encyclopedia Online Start here for research and general information on a wide variety of topics.
- SIRS Discoverer Another great starting point for magazine articles and research information.
- eLibrary An online library with encyclopedia, non-fiction books, maps, pictures, t.v., transcripts for research purposes.
- The Evergreen State College Library Online databases and resources for advanced research.
Don't forget to check these resources too...
- PIKTOchart Easy, free infographic maker.
- PowToon Create animated videos and presentations for free.
- Adobe Spark Create social graphics, web stories, and animated videos for free.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Come "wander" through the library and experience...